Well I am on the sixth week of my weight loss challenge and things are going really well. In these six weeks I have lost about 22-23 lbs. It is hard to say exactly because my beginning weight was measured on the scale at the church for the biggest loser and the scale I have at home has about a 3-4 lbs difference. So I just threw it in the middle somewhere.
For the last two weeks or so I have been losing only about 1-2 lbs a week but this week I am down more that that. I am feeling really good and my energy is through the roof which is god because once the time changed my kids energy went through the roof as well. Little League started on Saturday so that takes a lot of energy to help coach
The number one question I get asked “What have you done to lose the weight?” I have thought a lot about that and come to this conclusion. It is more a matter of what I stopped doing. For instance:
- It has been over six weeks since I have had any soda
- I only eat whole wheat bread which means I stopped eating a lot of processed foods (no more donuts, chex mix, or junk.)
- We don’t eat out that much and have stopped fast foods all together
- I am trying to cut way back on my sugar. This is a continuing battle that is not going as well as I want.
- We only eat healthy cereal like Kashi Go Lean and Kellog’s All Bran
There are probably so much more but can’t think of them right now.
Recipe of the Week: Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs w/ Wheat Spaghetti
I will upload this later but suffice it to say it is amazing!