This is my second post in my weight loss journey and I am more excited than ever! I am down 17lbs and starting to see the benefits of losing weight. On Monday I had to wear my suit and it was the first time in years that I didn’t have to squeeze into my pants and was able to button my jacket with a risk of the buttons popping off. The bonus is that Jen has been doing the diet with me and she is down three pounds in three weeks.
I am continuing to learn a ton as this process goes on most of it good and some of it bad. Like Sunday when I ate sugar coated bread for the first time in four weeks and felt the effects all day. I also realized that sleep is so important to your weight. Go without it and the stress rises from fatigue and your body goes into shock mode and retains water.
Some of the things that I am learning in the process:
- It’s 80% Diet and 20% Excersize.
- Good food tastes good.
- Bad food may taste good for a second but it affects your body like you don’t know.
- Nothing motivates you more than when you hit a goal.
- Track what you eat. They say that you lose 25% more weight that way. Jen & I use myplate.com from Live Strong. Has a great app for the iPhone as well.
- Hoping to be down 20lbs by Friday. Got a little work to do but I think I can make it
- A lot of clothes are starting to not fit in a good way.
Meal of the Week: 3 Alarm Sloppy Joes:
All of us loved sloppy joes in school but here is a recipe that is awesome.
1 28 oz can of Vegetarian Bush’s baked beans
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons of chili powder
1 Tablespoon of Garlic Salt
Throw is all in a pan, mix, and simmer for 10 minutes. Put it on top of all wheat bun and top with Coleslaw if you like. It is incredible and really good for you!