I should really call these Monday reflux because I write them on Mondays and it is basically what I remember from Sundays. Nonetheless we will continue to call them what it is a brief picture of what God is doing on Sunday mornings at The Village Chapel.
Yesterday was a tough day. I am not sure why but I was in a fog all of first service and after I was done I went home and crashed. Still trying to figure out if it was the windy weather which always throws my allergies off or it was the partial cinamon roll that I ate that threw me into sugar shock. Whatever it was I was fighting it during first service. Thankfully I came out of it second service.
Here are a few of my thoughts from Sunday:
- I am loving the involvement of the Elders on Sundays. They continue to oversee most of everything that goes on but we have added them coming up front and praying for the offering. Each Sunday has been really cool since we started.
- So we got hooked up with getting some of Panera’s donated. To say they make our donuts look weak is an understatement
- Ellen drove up in a new car on Sunday. Normally not a big deal except she had been driving her old one for 31 YEARS!!!
- Our intern Joel seemed really cleaned up. Wonder if it has anything to do with his dating status? Things that make you go Hmmm?!?
- The prayer times after services have been packed. The Elders and Prayer teams are doing a bang up job.
- Some lady busted out a tamborine in second service! It was her first time.
- If you are a shy or introverted person you might be a little overwhelmed by our people. They like to get up in your grill and welcome you
- It was nice to see the newest member of our church, Lukas, at church on Sunday. Think he is only a month old
- Hearing more and more stories of hurting families in our fellowship.
- Easter will be here in less than four weeks! We are doing some new things as well as our annual Sunrise service.
- Looking forward to our leadership lunch on Sunday. Love connecting with our core people.