So Florida’s Urban Meyer explained at his press conference this week the reason why Florida didn’t run the score up on Tennessee. He realized the Tennessee was going with a conservative offense and so he did too.
Now I got a ton of problems with that:
- Last year when it was time for Florida and Georgia to meet Meyer didn’t show any mercy and ran up the score 49-10 and even called a timeout in the last minute.
- Lane Kiffin called Meyer a cheater. To me that is bigger than Georgia over celebrating. The basic fact is that Florida couldn’t deliver the same beating.
- Obviously Meyer wasn’t watching the game on Saturday. Tim Tebow was running for his life. Either he was trying to prevent a sack or because he was the only one who generate any offense
- Tennessee is for real. Urban Meyer may not want to recognize that but Tennessee is going to cause a lot of hurt over the next years and my guess is the 80% of it will be directed at Florida
- Florida is on the decline. They aren’t the same team they were the last couple of years. They will have to rely too much on Tebow because Harvin is gone.
- Meyer has denial issues. At least when Pete Carroll lost to Washington he gave them all the credit. Meyer gets punked by Tennessee and all he can must is that they went conservative? If Tennessee had a quarterback there would be a new #1 this week
Read the Article here: