Reading Francis Chan’s book “Crazy Love”. In chapter four he gives a test to see how lukewarm you are spiritually. I thought I would list them here for you to test yourself. to tell you the truth it kicked my butt.
- Lukewarm people attend church regualry because it is what they are supposed to do
- Lukewarm people give to the church and charity as long as it doesn’t infringe upon their standard of living
- Lukewarm people tend to chose what is popular over what is right when they are in conflict. They want to fit in the church and outside the church.
- Lukewarm people don’t want to be saved from their sin they want to be saved from the penalty of their sin.
- Lukewarm people are moved by stories about people who do radical things for Christ, yet they do not act. Lukewarm people call “radical” what Jesus expected of all His followers
- Lukewarm people rarely share their faith with neighbors, coworkers, or friends.
- Lukewarm people love God, but they do not love Him with all their heart, soul, and strength
- Lukewarm people love others but do not seek to love others as much as themselves
- Lukewarm people will serve God and others but there are limits to how far they will go.
- Lukewarm people think about life on earth much more often than eternity in heaven
- Lukewarm people are thankful for thier luxuries and comforts, and rarely consider trying to give them as much as possible to the poor.
- Lukewarm people do whatever is necessary to keep from feeling too guilty
- Lukewarm people are continually concerned with playing it safe; they are slaves to the god of control
- Lukewarm people do not live by faith; their lives are structured so they never have to. Truth is their lives wouldn’t look much different if they stopped believing in God
- Lukewarm people really aren’t that different from your typical unbeliever. They equate their partially sanitized lives with holiness.
How did you score? There are no points involved just judge by the pain in your heart each time you read something convicting.